A church in the centre of Bolton
where you will be made welcome
whoever you are.
It's All About People!
Many of our church members will be pleased to tell you how their lives have radically changed since they made a decision to follow Jesus Christ. Below are just a few examples:
- The man with a history of drink and drug related violence, who now spends all his spare time helping others for whom life hasn't worked out too well.
- The person who knew from an early age that he was good for nothing - but found fulfilment and success when he allowed Jesus Christ to lead him.
- The woman who truly believed that she was stupid and inadequate, because her parents told her so as a child, who is now highly regarded by all who know her.
- The person with an incurable drinking habit who was set free in an instant by Jesus Christ and no longer needs or craves alcohol.
- The businessman who sold out to Christ and found that he can be successful without resorting to dishonesty or smart accounting.
- The singer / songwriter who loves to sing for Jesus first.
- The man who was always very focused on wealth and possessions, has found that he prefers to be generous and giving since he chose to be on God's team.
There's no doubt that Jesus is really alive today and really changes our lives around - if we will let Him!
(It's not about obeying rules.) ... What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation. (Galatians 6:15 NLT)
A Sense of Expectation!
There is a real sense of expectation that God is doing something special in the church. Almost weekly we see demonstrations of His mighty power and sense His presence as we worship Him. People are excited to go to church!
Church is meant to be an example to everyone of what life could be like if we allowed Jesus Christ to lead us. During these difficult times, our country and the world need good leadership more than ever before. Let's join together in praying for our leaders - even if we don't agree with everything they do or say!
LETS BE READY!
Find out more every Sunday morning at 10:30.
" … when you see people praying and prayers being answered week after week, it makes you think.”
Will Jesus Christ really return?
When Jesus Christ returned to Heaven He promised that He would come back for all who follow Him. He said that the whole world " ... will see the Son of Man (that's what Jesus called Himself) coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory ... and he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world—from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven". (Matthew 24:30-31 NLT)
Jesus said that no-one, not even He Himself, knew the date that His Father in Heaven would choose for Him to return - but that we should always be prepared!
The best way to prepare is to start immediately to follow Jesus Christ, to join an active church near you, to read the bible (God's Word to us) and to pray. CHURCH@Claremont will be pleased to guide you on that journey - but don't delay, He could come today!
Be Expectant - not Fearful!
For the Christian, the return of Jesus Christ is just the beginning of an amazing adventure culminating in the revelation of a completely New Heaven and a New Earth, where sin, decay, sickness, famine, fear and death no longer have a place. That's not a threat - it's an amazing promise!
“For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him”. (Jesus Christ, from John 3:16-17 NLT)
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is our Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074