“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
- every Sunday at 10:30
Some Dates for your Diary
- Sunday 23 June - Welcome to our regular meeting at 10:30 at Claremont House. During the meeting, we will be remembering that Jesus told us to share bread and wine together in His memory.
- Sunday 30 June - Our regular meeting will be cancelled so that the whole church may support the Party in the Park, a public church service held in Moss Bank Park, organised by St Peter's Church, Halliwell, and supported by several other Bolton churches. It is good when Christians meet together to publicly demonstrate that, although we may have many faces, there is only one Church - the Body of Christ. Please note that the church service starts at 10:30 this year. We will have a car to pick up anyone who arrives at Claremont House by 10:30, but it will leave at that time, so don't be late!
- Wednesday 03 July - our PowerHouse prayer meeting will be held in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30pm. Prayer is vital to the life of the church, so please try to join us there.
- Thursday 04 July - Meet at 12:00 to study God's Word together. This study tends to focus on God's plan for the future and is presently reading the book of Daniel.
- Sunday 7 July - Wee are back at Claremont House for our morning meeting, starting at 10:30, this week. Please accept our invitation to come along and hear that there IS Good News in this world!
This is your personal invitation to our main Sunday meeting, which usually finishes just after midday. Join us as we worship God, led by our musicians and singers, spend some time praying and encouraging each other, listen to a message from God’s Word (the Bible), which is relevant to the real world in which we live and share a drink and biscuit together as we get to know each other.
Everyone is welcome, whether you are a Christian believer; undecided; or simply want to see what happens. Come and hear about real things that God is doing in the lives of real people in this town.
Our Alpha course only has a few sessions left to run. If YOU have questions about life, about Jesus Christ and about the church, contact us and we will let you know about the next course.
Alpha is a world-renowned course about the teachings of Jesus Christ and the bible, which has helped hundreds of thousands to make sense of Christianity - and many choose to follow Jesus Christ as a result. Alpha starts with food and progresses to lively but friendly discussion and a short video. It is not necessary to come to church to attend Alpha. It's completely free, but you do need to register in advance, so that we know how many to cater for.
Alpha Topics include:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus and why did He die?
- How can I have faith?
- How and why can I pray and read my bible?
- How does God guide us?
- Who is the Holy Spirit, what does He do and how can He be the POWER in my life?
- Does God heal today?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
We share bread and wine to remember Jesus at least once a month in our main meeting, nearly always in our Powerhouse Prayer Meeting and we often find other occasions too.
On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which you feel completely comfortable to contribute; in which your contributions had just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is right; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - every other Thursday at midday in Claremont House.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the Return of King Jesus and the Future of the Church.
"If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to look good on a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides me every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Bring and Share Lunch
We make time for a drink and a biscuit after every Sunday meeting, and once a month we stay and eat lunch together. Everyone is invited, whether or not they have brought food. Visitors are especially welcome and its a great opportunity to get to know people.
What better way to find friendship as we study God’s Word and pray at a small group meeting in someone’s home? For details of the meeting nearest you, please contact the church office. Everyone is welcome to these friendly times of fellowship and learning.
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential for healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will find benefit personally from praying and the church will benefit too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30pm on the first Wednesday evening of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074