Meeting every Sunday at 10:30 at Claremont House.
“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been developing our live meetings on social media. Although we are now back in our building, we will continue to use those platforms for anyone who cannot attend church in person.
Zoom ID: 856-699-2818: Facebook Live: @claremontbolton.Church
Every Sunday at 10:30
Meeting on line is never going to be as great as meeting in person! Look at what the Word of God says:
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near. (Hebrews 10:24-25 NLT)
Dates for your Diary
- Every Sunday at 10:30 - our main church meeting. We are now back in our church building and ready to welcome you in COVID-safe conditions - or via our social media live feeds direct from the service.
- If you really cannot join us in person, on Zoom or on Facebook Live, you can listen to the recording of our meeting on our Facebook page (possibly without the music due to an issue with Facebook) or to the message by following this link: (Listen to a Message)
- Monday, Thursday and Friday - "One-Anothering" - a meeting of encouragement and discipleship from 10:00 - 11:00. Zoom meeting ID: 643-431-2176.
- Our Tuesday morning Discovery Bible Study is taking a summer break. We will return during September.
- Home Group meetings are being held on Zoom, most Wednesdays, both during daytime and evenings. Please contact your group leader if you are already a group member, or the church office if you wish to join a group.
- On the first Wednesday of every month we hold our PowerHouse Prayer meeting at 7:30pm on Zoom (ID: 856-699-2818). The next one will be on Wednesday 2 May.
Church Office during COVID-19
The church office is open from 10am to 4:30pm every Tuesday (apart from occasional holidays) and at other times as required. The church email addresses are being monitored daily. Other work is being carried out from home - please use the church phone or email.
Breaking Bread / Communion
We share bread and grape juice (in lieu of wine) to remember Jesus whenever we can, monthly in our main meetings, our prayer meetings and even on Zoom.
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
"On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which your contributions have just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is criticised; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - weekly on Tuesdays at 10:30 on Zoom.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the discipleship teachings of Jesus from the book of Matthew.
If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to decorate a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides us every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential for healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will benefit personally from praying and the church will be stronger too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30 pm on the first Wednesday of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
Would our visitors please note that the easiest car parking for the church is at Topp Way NCP car park, about 200m from the church. For Saturday and Sunday visitors, the car park is free, courtesy of Bolton Council. Unfortunately, during the week this is a paid car park but is certainly the safest parking in the vicinity. For GPS users, the car park location is Duke Street, Bolton, BL1 2DJ,
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074