Meeting every Sunday at 10:30
“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
Attendance at our weekly Zoom meetings has been very encouraging and our meetings have been uplifting for many. We recently managed to start streaming on Facebook live as well - why not visit our page Claremont Church, Bolton.
Dates for your Diary
- Every Sunday at 10:30 - our on-line meeting via Zoom. Please email the church for the meeting ID if you wish to join. On Sunday 24 May we will be sharing bread and wine (remotely) in memory of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you are intending to take part, please keep a small piece of bread and wine (or juice) ready by your side.
- Many members of the church have agreed to take part in a 20 minute time of private prayer at 20:20 (8:20 pm) on the 20th of each month of this year (20/20 Prayer). We need to seek our Father's help more than ever at this difficult time! Join us next on Saturday 20 June 2020. (This is a personal time of prayer in your own home - there will not be a Zoom meeting).
- On the first Wednesday of each month we hold our monthly PowerHouse Prayer Meeting. During the time of Social Distancing, we are doing this via the Zoom software. Meeting ID is 861-566-301. Our next PowerHouse is on Wednesday 3 June.
- A weekly on-line Discovery Bible Study is being held every Tuesday at 10:30 - 11:30. The topic is the Discipleship teachings of Jesus Christ, based on passages in the Gospel of Matthew, broken into bite-size pieces. Meeting ID 856-699-2818.
- Every Monday, Thursday and Friday we will be holding a 40 minute "One-Anothering" encouragement meeting at 10:00 on Zoom. Meeting ID: 643-431-2176.
- Home Group meetings are back! Home groups are meeting on Wednesday daytime and evening. Please contact your group leader if you are already a part of one, or the church office if you wish to join.
Please note that we are not using passwords for access to Zoom meetings. All participants will be asked to remain in the cloud 'waiting room' until the meeting coordinator invites you to enter. Usually this is immediate, but please be patient as it can get quite busy.
Church During Lock-Down
The church office will run as normally as possible from home during this time. The telephone line has been diverted, so that office staff will still be able to deal with your queries. The two main church emails are being monitored daily. Office hours remain 10am to 4:30pm Tuesday to Friday, although this method of working permits quite a bit of flexibility.
At this time, church leaders have each taken responsibility for a section of the church. Everyone is being contacted regularly, either by Zoom or by telephone, and members of the church are helping those with specific needs. If you consider Claremont to be your home church (or wish to join) and you are not being contacted, please call or send us an email and one of the leaders will get in touch with you.
Claremont House (our building) is closed to church services, although various user groups can still gain occasional access when necessary for their work. There is no heating in the building and we expect our users to follow government guidelines about work and meetings.
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
We share bread and grape juice (in lieu of wine) to remember Jesus at least once a month in our main meeting, nearly always in our Powerhouse Prayer Meeting and we often find other occasions too. Even under lock-down we are continuing with this practice whenever we are able.
On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which your contributions have just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is criticised; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - weekly at 10:30 on Zoom.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the discipleship teachings of Jesus from the book of Matthew.
Zoom ID: 856-699-2818.
"If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to decorate a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides us every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Bring and Share Lunch
For obvious reasons, we are not having our 'Bring and Share' lunches at Claremont during lock-down, but they will resume once we are back in the building.
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential for healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will benefit personally from praying and the church will be stronger too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30pm on the first Wednesday evening of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
Would our visitors please note that the easiest car parking for the church is at Topp Way NCP car park, about 200m from the church. For Saturday and Sunday visitors, the car park is free, courtesy of Bolton Council. Unfortunately, during the week this is a paid car park but is certainly the safest parking in the vicinity. For GPS users, the location is Duke Street, Bolton, BL1 2DJ,
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074