“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
Welcome to CHURCH@Claremont - Sunday at 10:30
Our regular Sunday worship service takes place in the Main Hall at 10:30. Join us as we worship our God, share together the good things He has done, ask Him our requests, listen to a relevant message from the Bible and enjoy coffee and biscuits in our new lounge afterwards.
This is your personal invitation to our main meeting, which usually finishes just after midday. Join us as we worship God, led by our musicians and singers, spend some time praying and encouraging each other, listen to a message from God’s Word (the Bible), which is relevant to the real world in which we live and share a drink and biscuit together as we get to know each other.
Everyone is welcome, whether you are a Christian believer; undecided; or simply want to see what happens. Come and hear about real things that God is doing in the lives of real people in this town.
Some Dates for your Diary
- Sunday 24 February - our regular Sunday service starts at 10:30 and will be followed by a Bring and Share lunch together. If you are a regular member of the church, please try to bring a little extra so that we can serve our visitors generously.
- Sunday 24 February - Bolton Hospice will be holding their "Time for Remembrance" service in our main hall at 3pm. This service is intended to be a time of closure for the families of those associated with the hospice who have recently passed from this life to the next.
- Thursday 28 February - At 12:00 in the church office, our Discovery bible study will continue with chapter 4 of the book of Daniel. Writing over an extended period, about 500 - 600 years before the birth of Jesus Christ, Daniel was a remarkable Old Testament prophet. Many of his prophecies and miracles came to pass during his lifetime, while others talk about the coming of Christ and even of times still to come.
- Sunday 3 March - Our regular Sunday morning worship service will start at 10:30. All are welcome to join us as the church worships the God who made us and saved us.
- Wednesday 6 March - PowerHouse prayer meeting at 7:30 in the Seminar Room.
Our Alpha group will start on Sunday 10 March 2019 at 12:30, when we will share some food together, listen to a video presentation and discuss questions of life and spirituality.
Alpha is a world-renowned 11 week investigative course which has helped hundreds of thousands to make sense of Christianity - and many end up following Jesus Christ as a result.
Alpha Topics include:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus and why did He die?
- How can I have faith?
- How and why can I pray and read my bible?
- How does God guide us?
- Who is the Holy Spirit, what does He do and how can He be a force in my life?
- Does God heal today?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
This is open to everyone, whether or not you usually attend church. However, places are limited, so call, email or visit the church office for more details and to book a place.
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
We share bread and wine to remember Jesus at least once a month in our main meeting, nearly always in our Powerhouse Prayer Meeting and we often find other occasions too.
On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which you felt completely comfortable to contribute; in which your contributions had just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is right; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - every other Thursday at midday in the prayer room at Claremont House.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the Return of King Jesus and the Future of the Church.
See you there?
"If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to look good on a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides me every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Bring and Share Lunch
We make time for a drink and a biscuit after every Sunday meeting, and once a month we stay and eat lunch together. Everyone is invited, whether or not they have brought food. Visitors are especially welcome and its a great opportunity to get to know people.
What better way to find friendship as we study God’s Word and pray at a small group meeting in someone’s home? For details of the meeting nearest you, please contact the church office. Everyone is welcome to these friendly times of fellowship and learning.
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential for healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will find benefit personally from praying and the church will benefit too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30pm on the first Wednesday evening of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
We are Upgrading!
- Check out our smart new kitchen, designed and built by Andy Beatty (Andrew Joseph Furniture), our newly opened lounge for drinks and biscuits after our meetings and our redecorated Seminar Room.
- Following a major upgrade during the summer, our heating system is back on and the building is warmer and more friendly than before. Bear with us as we sort out the final tweaks and get it working to the best possible standards.
- The large unused room on the Lower Ground floor, near the Bark Street entrance, is being turned into a lounge and music room. Work includes new windows, lighting, electrical circuits, plastering, flooring, installation of heating, a false ceiling and insulation to improve thermal and acoustic properties.
Please pray that God will guide us to be wise stewards of the building and of our resources - and please excuse us if it's a bit messy at times!
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074