“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
- every Sunday at 10:30
Some Dates for your Diary
- Geoff Brown will be sharing God's Word with us again on Sunday 01 March! Just come to our regular 10:30 service and join us as we worship our wonderful God before Geoff speaks.
- Wednesday 4 March - our whole church PowerHouse Prayer Meeting is at 7:30 in the Seminar Room. Please make a special effort to come to pray for our community, the Church and our nation.
- Sunday 8 March - Our regular worship service will start at 10:30. Why not come and meet with us as we spend time worshipping our God, sharing what He has done, praying, hearing from His Word and then enjoying a drink and a biscuit together.
- Friday 20 March at 7:45pm - Fan the Flame - with Raadj Gonesh. Paul encouraged his young protègé Timothy to "fan into flames the spiritual gift that God gave you ..." During this special meeting we will be asking the Holy Spirit to do just that for each of us. As this meeting will include several other North-West LifeLink associated churches, we will need to restrict places to the first 300 applicants. Please email the office (using the web site link) to reserve your places.
This is your personal invitation to our main Sunday meeting, which starts at 10:30 and usually finishes just after midday. Join us as we worship God, led by our musicians and singers, spend some time praying and encouraging each other, listen to a message from God’s Word (the Bible), which is relevant to the real world in which we live and share a drink and biscuit together as we get to know each other.
Everyone is welcome, whether you are already a Christian; undecided; or simply want to see what happens. Come and hear about real things that God is doing in the lives of real people in this town.
Our Alpha course has now finished, but we will start a new one as soon as there is enough demand! Invite your friends and let the office know! Our Alpha is available to everyone in the church and to visitors from anywhere!
If YOU or anyone that you know have questions about life, about Jesus Christ and about the church, Alpha is the place to explore. It is a world-renowned course which has helped hundreds of thousands to make sense of Christianity - and many choose to follow Jesus Christ when they understand the truth about Him! Each Alpha starts with food and progresses to lively but friendly discussion and a short video. It is not necessary to come to church to attend Alpha, it's completely free, but you do need to register in advance, so that we know how many to cater for.
Alpha Topics include:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus and why did He die?
- How can I have faith?
- How and why can I pray and read my bible?
- How does God guide us?
- Who is the Holy Spirit, what does He do and how can He be the POWER in my life?
- Does God heal today?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Our amazing Holy Spirit weekend!
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
We share bread and wine to remember Jesus at least once a month in our main meeting, nearly always in our Powerhouse Prayer Meeting and we often find other occasions too.
On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which your in which your contributions have just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is criticised; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - every other Thursday at midday in Claremont House. It will be starting again in September.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the Return of King Jesus and the Future of the Church.
"If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to decorate a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides us every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Bring and Share Lunch
We make time for a drink and a biscuit after every Sunday meeting, and once a month we stay and eat lunch together. Everyone is invited, whether or not they have brought food. Visitors are especially welcome and its a great opportunity to get to know people.
What better way to find friendship as we study God’s Word and pray at a small group meeting in someone’s home? For details of the meeting nearest you, please contact the church office. Everyone is welcome to these friendly times of fellowship and learning.
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential for healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will find benefit personally from praying and the church will benefit too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30pm on the first Wednesday evening of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074