Meeting every Sunday at 10:30 via Zoom and Facebook Live.
“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
Attendance at our weekly Zoom and Facebook Live meetings has been very encouraging and our meetings have been uplifting for many, including some who are unable to come to our building. Listen to some of the recent testimonies on our Life Stories page, or our weekly teaching on the Listen to a Message page.
Zoom ID: 856-699-2818
Facebook Live page: Claremont Church, Bolton or @claremontbolton
Starts at 10:30 every Sunday.
Dates for your Diary
- Every Sunday at 10:30 - our main church meeting. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently meeting on-line via Zoom and Facebook Live (Claremont Church, Bolton). However, our building is now COVID-secure and we will recommence face-to-face meetings as soon as the situation improves.
- If you really cannot join us on Zoom or Facebook Live, you can listen to the recording of our meeting on our Facebook page or to our message by following this link: (Listen to a Message)
- Monday, Thursday and Friday - "One-Anothering" - a meeting of encouragement and bible study from 10:00 - 10:45. Zoom meeting ID: 643-431-2176.
- Every Tuesday morning from 10:30 - 11:30 we hold our Discovery Bible Study. Please join us on Zoom ID 856-699-2818.
- Home Group meetings are being held on Zoom, most Wednesdays, both during daytime and evenings. Please contact your group leader if you are already a group member, or the church office if you wish to join a group.
- Tuesday 2 February - Our own version of the long-running radio show "Desert Island Disks". Begins at 7:30. Contact us for the Zoom ID.
- Monday 15 February - Claremont will be hosting a meeting on behalf of Gideons England. The organisation has recently made some important changes and they want us to know about them. They are also always looking for volunteers so, this could be ideal for a believer looking for new ways to serve God. Please contact Dave Wade or the church office in order to register.
- Tuesday 16 February - Testimony evening. These evenings have been a great encouragement to many, so why not join us and hear more true life stories from church members. (Several stories are available on this site - follow this link).
- We are not using passwords for access to Zoom meetings but all participants will be asked to remain in the 'waiting room' until the meeting coordinator invites you to enter. Usually this is very quick, but please be patient as it can get quite busy.
- Everyone except the planned speaker remains muted during Sunday meetings in order to improve sound quality. If you are requested to speak, our operator will ask you to unmute.
- If you are unmuted, remember that even your whispers will be amplified for everyone!
- If you have trouble logging on to Zoom, it can often be due to a lack of Wi-Fi bandwidth. This can be at your home or elsewhere in your geographical area. (Maybe your neighbour is streaming that latest film or playing computer games). It may help if you turn off any unnecessary items in your own home (such as your phone, Sky TV, Alexa or other devices). You could also call your internet provider and ask them to help (but don't let them sell you a very expensive system - it isn't necessary!)
- If Zoom asks your permission to install an update, you should probably agree. They are always trying to improve the system.
- Many Zoom problems are cured by leaving and re-joining the meeting. We are always watching out for anyone who wishes to re-join, so it's not all that traumatic. In severe cases, you could also shut down and re-start your computer, before re-joining.
Church Office during Lock-Down
The church office is being run mainly from home until the return of face-to-face Church. The telephone line has been diverted, so that office staff will still be able to deal with your queries, wherever they are. The main church email addresses are being monitored daily. Office hours remain 10am to 4:30pm Tuesday to Friday, although this method of working permits quite a bit of flexibility.
Caring for those who are less able to get out and about
At this time, church leaders have taken responsibility for anyone who may need a bit of extra help during lockdown. Everyone in the church is being contacted regularly, either by Zoom or by telephone, and members of the church are helping those with specific needs. If you consider Claremont to be your home church (or wish to join) and you are not being contacted, please call or send us an email and one of the leaders will get in touch with you.
Access to Claremont House
Claremont House is closed to church services, although other users can still gain access when necessary for their work, in accordance with government guidelines. If you need to enter the building, please contact the office.
It is clear that, without the distractions of our building, a new spirit of love and concern for each other has developed, and we are seeing a significant number of people following us on Zoom or Facebook Live each week. We don't want to lose any of that!
The church leaders are already considering what church will look like when we return to Claremont House. Be assured that we will make every effort to comply with all government guidelines.
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
We share bread and grape juice (in lieu of wine) to remember Jesus at least once a month in our main meeting, nearly always in our Powerhouse Prayer Meeting and we often find other occasions too. Even under lock-down we are continuing with this practice whenever we are able.
On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which your contributions have just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is criticised; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - weekly on Tuesdays at 10:30 on Zoom.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the discipleship teachings of Jesus from the book of Matthew.
If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to decorate a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides us every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential for healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will benefit personally from praying and the church will be stronger too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:00 pm on the first Tuesday of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
Would our visitors please note that the easiest car parking for the church is at Topp Way NCP car park, about 200m from the church. For Saturday and Sunday visitors, the car park is free, courtesy of Bolton Council. Unfortunately, during the week this is a paid car park but is certainly the safest parking in the vicinity. For GPS users, the location is Duke Street, Bolton, BL1 2DJ,
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074