“… It’s true – when I pray, Jesus Christ somehow finds a way to lead me through my most difficult problems … even those at work”
Everyone is Welcome - Every Sunday at 10:30
Our regular Sunday worship service takes place in the Main Hall at 10:30. Join us as we worship our God, share together the good things He has done, ask Him our requests, listen to a relevant message from the Bible and enjoy coffee and biscuits in our new lounge afterwards.
This is your invitation to our main meeting, which finishes around midday. Join us in singing and worshipping God, led by our musicians and singers, spend some time praying and encouraging each other, listen to a message from God’s Word (the Bible), which is relevant to the real world in which we live and share a drink and biscuit together as we get to know each other.
Everyone is welcome, whether you are a Christian believer; undecided; or simply want to see what happens. Come and hear about real things that God is doing in the lives of real people who live in this town.
Some Dates for your Diary
- Thursday 18 October - Times of Refreshing - in the Main Hall at 7:30pm. It's a great time to get in the habit of waiting on God - don't forget that "... those who keep waiting for the LORD will renew their strength. Then they'll soar on wings like eagles; they'll run and not grow weary; they'll walk and not grow tired." (Isaiah 40:31 ISV)
- Sunday 21 October - Our regular Sunday worship service in the Main Hall at 10:30. Come to worship God, to build faith by sharing the good things He has done, to ask Him our requests and to listen to a relevant message from the Bible, this week from guest speaker Dave Percy. We will include Communion or Breaking Bread in this meeting.
- Thursday 25 October - Our bi-weekly Discovery Bible Study will be trying to hear what God is saying to us through Revelation Chapter 18. Starts at 12 noon, in the new lounge.
- Sunday 28 October - Our regular Sunday worship service will be held in the Main Hall at 10:30. Come to worship God, to share together the good things He has done, to ask Him our requests and to listen to a relevant message from the Bible from Dave Wade. Following this meeting there will be a shared lunch together.
We are Upgrading!
- Check out our smart new kitchen, designed and built by Andy Beatty (Andrew Joseph Furniture) and our newly opened lounge for drinks and biscuits after our meetings.
- Following a major upgrade during the summer, our heating system is back on and should be far more efficient than before. Bear with us as we sort out the final tweaks and get t working to the best possible standards.
- The large unused room on the Lower Ground floor, near the Bark Street entrance, is being into a lounge, music room and space for Kid's Church. Work includes new windows, lighting, electrical circuits, plastering, flooring, installation of heating, a false ceiling and insulation to improve thermal and acoustic properties.
Jesus said "... Do This to Remember Me"
On the night when He was betrayed, the Lord Jesus took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then He broke it in pieces and said, “This is My body, which is given for you. Do this to remember Me.” In the same way, He took the cup of wine after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant between God and His people—an agreement confirmed with My blood. Do this to remember Me as often as you drink it.” (1 Corinthians 11:23-25 NLT)
We share bread and wine to remember Jesus at least once a month in our main meeting, nearly always in our Powerhouse Prayer Meeting and we often find other occasions too.
Times of Refreshing
Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah. (Acts 3:19-20 NLT)
Just as a mountain stream provides refreshment, so our God will refresh those who will follow Jesus Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to work alongside our spirit.
Times of Refreshing is a journey of exploration, discovering what it means to be free to worship and pray without constraints and to allow the Holy Spirit to lead us to encourage each other, to bring spiritual gifts, to heal and comfort and to fill us again.
Usually held on the third Thursday of the month at 7:30 in the Main Hall, but check the notices above and the diary.
Discovery Bible Study
Imagine a bible study in which you felt completely comfortable to contribute; in which your contributions had just as much value as those of the leader; in which no-one is wrong and no-one is right; where we learn together as we study God's Word. That's our Discovery Bible Study - every other Thursday at midday in the prayer room at Claremont House.
Anyone is welcome and it works best if you prayerfully read the passage before you come, asking God to give you insight into what He is saying to the church through His Word. Our present exciting topic is the Return of King Jesus and the Future of the Church.
See you there?
"If your bible doesn't look well worn, then perhaps you should ask yourself whether you are using it enough! A bible is not meant to look good on a bookshelf - it is intended to be the light which guides me every day."
"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path". (Psalm 119:105 NLT)
Bring and Share Lunch
We make time for a drink and a biscuit after every Sunday meeting, and once a month we stay and eat lunch together. Everyone is invited, whether or not they have brought food. Visitors are especially welcome and its a great opportunity to get to know people.
What better way to find friendship as we study God’s Word and pray at a small group meeting in someone’s home? For details of the meeting nearest you, please contact the church office. Everyone is welcome to these friendly times of fellowship and learning.
Powerhouse Prayer Meeting
A church communicates with God by prayer and our experience says that prayer meetings are essential to our healthy growth. No matter who you are, you will find benefit personally from praying and the church will benefit too.
We encourage personal prayer at all times and we meet in the Seminar Room at Claremont House at 7:30pm on the first Wednesday evening of each month to pray together. Everyone is welcome.
" … we had a ‘pop-up’ prayer time at Steve and Lesley’s home. Sian brought his guitar and we had a great time of praise and sharing stories of God’s goodness … and we PRAYED”
The data may be viewed by ourselves and our web-site provider, allowing us to monitor how effectively the site is working and to help provide and improve the service. We never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest. Our full privacy notice is available here.
CHURCH@Claremont is a brand name of Claremont Church Bolton, registered in the UK as charity number 1002074