"… I had been praying about this big concern I had. During the service, someone read from the bible ‘Let the Peace of God rule in your heart‘. It was as if God spoke directly to me and that situation suddenly became manageable – and I felt real peace …"
... is an independent Christian Church which wants everyone to know that Jesus Christ came to offer a relationship with the Living God. This relationship is available to everyone who will chose to follow Him, and opens up to us a new dimension in our lives – Spiritual Life – set free from the guilt of any wrong we may have done in the past and able to communicate freely with God.
We place a strong emphasis on the Bible being God’s Word and His foremost way of communicating with mankind; we encourage everyone to discover the grace and generosity of our loving God and we seek to demonstrate our love for God and for each other.
We meet every Sunday morning at 10:30, on alternate Thursdays at 7:30pm in Claremont House, in the centre of Bolton, and at other times and places as advertised. Whether you are a Christian looking for a place to worship; someone who once followed Jesus Christ but drifted away; are interested to find out more or even if you have “never wanted anything to do with religion“, you will find a warm welcome at this church! Everyone is invited to belong and to be a part of the life of the church in their own way.
We firmly believe:
- In a real, living God who takes great interest in our life story;
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who lived in this space in order to provide a way for us imperfect people to have a relationship with the Living God;
- That Jesus Christ not only lived (in the past) but that He is alive and well today, living in Heaven, where He sits with God the Father. Furthermore, He is willing and able to completely change the lives of those who agree to follow Him.
- That the Holy Spirit will and does lead those who have agreed to allow Him and committed their lives to Jesus Christ;
- That God truly loves everyone and will lead us into every good thing - if only we will follow;
- That God speaks to us in many ways, the most common being through His written Word, the Bible, but also through Christian teachers, music, dreams, prophecy and a host of others. However, many are not willing to listen or act on God's Words and so miss out on the wonderful opportunities that He offers everyone;
- That the Church (the sum of all genuine Christ followers everywhere) is Christ's Body on Earth, where it represents Him and acts on His behalf, when we allow Him to lead us.
We are not religious:
We are real people who have found relationship with God through Jesus Christ which is not available through religion or traditions. We won't try to indoctrinate you, fill you with dogma or anything like that. We will, if you allow us to, tell you real stories of what Jesus Christ has done in our lives since we decided to follow Him.
Is associated with Global Horizons (http://www.global-horizons.org/) and Ground Level Network (http://www.groundlevel.org.uk/), relational networks of churches that choose to work together for the increase of God's Kingdom throughout the world. The church also maintains good relations with churches and other groups throughout the city.